ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE – PERMANENT – HERTFORDSHIRE / NORTH LONDON AREA
Our Client is a fast moving and dynamic energy consultancy with ambitious growth plans over the next five years. They provide a range of services to their clients, from gas and electricity procurement to energy efficiency reporting and analytics. They also offer services in related utility areas, such as telecoms, water and waste. To help them achieve their business goals, they are continuously on the lookout for new opportunities to expand their portfolio of products and offerings. Their team is always encouraged to come forward with any new ideas that will help them improve, innovate or revolutionise their business and the marketplace they work in. Their offices have great Rail and local Bus links and are a 2 minute walk from the local station.
With a presence in the UK already established, they are looking to expand further across Europe. With this in mind, they are looking for talented and diverse individuals who can drive their business forward.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join our Client’s vibrant sales support team, initially in an admin customer services role. With their strong commitment to growth, they are looking for self-motivated and proactive graduates with a keen eye for detail and a hunger to learn about the energy industry. A degree, diploma or HND is desirable.
As an account executive, you will be responsible for providing accurate energy contract pricing analyses for new and existing clients. Working closely with their business development and client services teams, you will be trusted to handle all sales administration tasks including pricing, query handling and internal documentation. You will also build strong relationships with our Client’s suppliers to ensure the smooth running of all their client accounts.
To make sure you succeed in your new role, you will be assigned a buddy who is responsible for coaching and guiding you, ensuring that you have the skills to move up the career ladder. Training is our Client’s lifeblood as a business and so they incentivise their senior employees to help mentor and develop new hires.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Our Client is only looking to hire bright, self-motivated and driven individuals to join their progressive company. In order to succeed in this role, you will need to be exceptionally tenacious with a formidable work ethic. The right candidate will have a hunger for learning and will be interested in developing their skills, with a view to a long term career.
The successful candidate(s) will be determined in their approach and will be willing to put in the hours and hard graft necessary in order to reap the rewards of a fulfilling and lucrative career. Our Client is looking for someone with a positive attitude and engaging personality, who demonstrates both the adaptability and willingness to use their initiative and learn on the job. Should also have the following:-
• Exceptional numeracy and literacy skills are critical as pricing and cost calculations form an integral part of this role
• A strong attention-to-detail and a keen eye for spotting errors and inconsistencies.
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite with an intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to rapidly establish good working relationships with customers, suppliers, partners and colleagues.
• Problem-solving capabilities and a solution-oriented approach.
• Good time-management and organisational skills, with the ability to manage workload and priorities autonomously.
• A positive mindset and a flexible approach to change.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to use a consultative questioning style.
• Works well in a team environment and a willingness to share best practice and learn from others.
• The ability to take ownership of your work and to use initiative when needed.
• The management of crisis situations by keeping a cool head and applying strong decision-making skills.
• Previous experience in the energy sector.
• A degree or HND. A Science would be great but other qualifications accepted..
• Knowledge of an additional European language ideal.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Compiling and explaining pricing analyses for the sales team to sell in to clients
• Handling queries from clients, prospects and our sales team and providing solutions in a timely manner
• Accurate and attentive data entry, ensuring data is correct at all times
• Communicating, liaising and submitting contracts to suppliers
• Scheduling follow-up tasks throughout the administration process, including after contract submissions
• Courtesy calls to clients
• Keeping the customer relationship management system (CRM) up-to-date
• Understanding client needs by asking the right questions and identifying opportunities to cross-sell products
• Always keeping an eye out for errors and inconsistencies, erring on the side of caution and raising questions with clients, suppliers and the sales team where needed
SALARY: Competitive, please quote what you would be looking for.
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN:
Our Client offers the kind of working environment where you'll be duly rewarded for the hours you put in. As an entry-level employee you won't be expected to know all the answers from day one, but our Client will empower you with the training and guidance you need to succeed in the role and to climb the career ladder. Equally, you won't be micro-managed; instead you'll be given the freedom to make things happen and drive real results. No two days will be the same.
The team is just that - a team. With our Client’s flat structure, everyone is free to voice their thoughts and ideas and share best practice. As a close knit group, they lean on each other for support and guidance in meeting their goals. However, they know that coming to work isn't just about working, so there's a healthy dose of fun and camaraderie among the team too. They consider the happiness and wellbeing of their employees to be paramount, so while you are expected to work hard, they also pride themselves on the vibrant culture they’re building. For example, they'll often break up the day by going out on a coffee/cake run and have the occasional lunch and learn session where lunch is provided. They also have a social committee that organises get-togethers, group activities and company nights out.
We are instructed to only submit to our Client candidates whose qualifications and experience match client’s specification and must be able to work within the EU/UK.
For more information please contact Joel Newman
on 020 8905 2250 or email email@example.com