BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – PERMANENT – HERTFORDSHIRE
Our Client is a fast moving and dynamic energy consultancy with ambitious growth plans. They provide a range of services to their clients, from gas and electricity procurement to energy efficiency reporting and analytics. They also offer services in related utility areas, such as telecoms, water and waste. Our Client is looking for a Business Development Manager, home or office-based, to join their team.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join our vibrant business development team. With our strong commitment to growth, we are looking for self-motivated and proactive sales professionals with a proven knowledge of the energy industry to help drive the business forward. For the right candidate, the role is available either on a work from home basis or will be based at our Hertfordshire offices.
As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for generating new business. In order to succeed in this role, you will need to develop and nurture long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with medium to large sized businesses in both the SME and I&C markets. You will be provided with the necessary sales support by our administration team.
You will need to run your sales desk as if it was your own business and therefore you will be expected to submit a business plan, in which you will outline your own goals and targets. You will be responsible for the entire sales cycle, from researching and identifying your own sales leads, through engaging prospects and generating interest in Focus, to pitching our products to new clients and pushing the sale through to close. You will also be required to keep the CRM up-to-date at every client touchpoint.
The right candidate will:
· Be bright, self-motivated and driven
· Be exceptionally tenacious with a formidable work ethic
· Have the innate ability to build relationships with prospects and clients through both written and verbal communication
· Be interested in developing their skills, with a view to a long term career
· Come from either an energy supplier or consultancy and will have at least three years’ of energy sales experience, as well as an existing network of prospects and/or the ability to effectively build and connect with new leads.
· Have a positive attitude and engaging personality, who will be able to use their confident and consultative sales approach to win new business and contribute to our company growth.
· Proven sales track record in both the SME and I&C markets
· Knowledge of the UK energy industry
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to rapidly establish relationships with prospects and suppliers
· Ability to meet and exceed sales targets
· The ability to work both as an individual and in a team environment, with the desire to share best practice with colleagues
· Time management, organisation and prioritisation skills
· Presentation and negotiation skills
· Proficiency in MS Office suite, including Excel and PowerPoint skills
· Understanding of gas and power markets outside of the UK
· Knowledge of an additional European language
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Setting, meeting and exceeding sales targets and KPIs
· Generating sales leads, both by using social media/online research and by tapping into your network
· Cold calling leads with the view to converting them into prospects and moving them through the sales cycle
· Listening to and understanding customer needs, overcoming any objections
· Identifying opportunities to cross/up sell additional products and services into a growing customer base
· Following up new business opportunities and setting up meetings
· Planning and preparing sales presentations using pre-branded MS PowerPoint templates
· Communicating new product developments to prospective clients
· Providing the Sales Director with weekly progress and pipeline reports
· Accurately and punctually updating the CRM system to maintain and manage your prospects
· Attending the weekly sales meeting, either in person or by Skype, to update the team on your progress and share best practice
SALARY: £30,000 per annum + commission
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN:
We offer the kind of working environment where you’ll be duly rewarded for the hours you put in. As an entry-level employee you won’t be expected to know all the answers from day one, but we will empower you with the training and guidance you need to succeed in the role and to climb the career ladder. However, you won’t be micro-managed; instead you’ll be given the freedom to make things happen and drive real results. No two days will be the same.
The team is just that – a team. We have a shared vision and we are all working together to make this vision a reality. With our flat structure, everyone is free to voice their thoughts and ideas and share best practice. As a close knit group, we lean on each other for support and guidance in meeting our goals.
However, we know that coming to work isn’t just about working, so there’s a healthy dose of fun and camaraderie among our team too. We consider the happiness and wellbeing of our employees to be paramount, so while you are expected to work hard, we also pride ourselves on the vibrant culture we’re building here. For example, we’ll have the occasional lunch and learn session where lunch is provided and we also have a social committee that organises get-togethers, group activities and company nights out.
We don’t see jobs as just jobs. Instead, we believe that this is a real opportunity for career progression. We are growing at an exponential rate and this is your chance to grow with us. As a business, we will always help you reach your maximum potential. With your future in your own hands, you are free to carve out your own path with no limit to the opportunities available to you.
We are instructed to only submit to our Client candidates whose qualifications and experience match client’s specification and must be able to work within the EU/UK.