MARKETING MANAGER – PERMANENT – HERTFORDSHIRE
Our Client is a fast moving and dynamic energy consultancy with ambitious growth plans. They provide a range of services to their clients, from gas and electricity procurement to energy efficiency reporting and analytics. They also offer services in related utility areas, such as telecoms, water and waste. Our Client is looking for a Marketing Manager with Digital Marketing experience to join their team at their offices in Hertfordshire.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join our vibrant and passionate team. With innovation in mind, we are looking for someone to build and improve upon our existing marketing strategy and so this role will be a perfect fit for someone who is looking to create and implement their own plans and make a real difference to the company. You will have an opportunity to completely shake up and transform our marketing activity to achieve better client attraction and retention.
As the sole marketing resource, you will be expected to be involved at all levels, from managing digital marketing campaigns to monitoring competitor activity and developing marketing materials. The job is truly multi-faceted so and you will need to be able to turn your hand to a variety of tasks. You will also work closely with Operations and Client Services to ensure that all business activity is in line with our brand standards.
In addition to your usual day-to-day marketing responsibilities, you will be managing a number of key business projects, including the development of a new company website and a full digital strategy.
The right candidate will:
· Be bright, self-motivated and driven
· Be exceptionally tenacious with a formidable work ethic
· Have a broad knowledge of digital, direct and partnership marketing
· Be interested in developing their skills, with a view to a long term career
· Be determined in their approach and will be willing to put in the hours and hard graft necessary in order to reap the rewards of a fulfilling and lucrative career
· Have a positive attitude and engaging personality, who demonstrates both the adaptability and willingness to use their initiative and learn on the job
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Proven business awareness with commercial acumen
· Proven knowledge and application of a wide range of marketing techniques and concepts
· Ability to work both as an individual and in a team environment, with the desire to learn from colleagues
· Time management and organisation skills, with the ability to manage workload and priorities autonomously
· A digital native, with experience of implementing and conducting digital campaigns
· Proficiency in MS Office suite, including Excel and PowerPoint skills
· Working knowledge of Adobe InDesign/Illustrator/Photoshop
· Ability to respond positively to pressure and take a flexible approach to change
· Ability to think creatively
· Proactive with the ability and confidence to use initiative
· Ability to manage expectations and push-back where needed
· Persuasive and diplomatic
· Comfortable presenting to senior stakeholders
· Driven and enthusiastic with an insatiable hunger to succeed
· Copywriting/proofing skills
· Previous experience in the energy sector
· A degree in marketing
· Additional European language
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Create, implement and be accountable for the company’s marketing strategy, working closely with the managing directors and the sales team
· Oversee and manage the development and maintenance of a digital strategy and website
· Work with the Managing Directors and sales team on the production of sales-orientated promotional campaigns as needed
· Ensure that our brand is well communicated across all marketing communications
· Undertake, critically analyse and react to marketing research exercises as required
· Identify and implement tactical marketing initiatives in response to market circumstances
· Manage directly and strategically all social media channels
· Contribute and share ideas at the weekly management meeting
· Attend networking events as required
· Write and manage the creation of marketing material, including PowerPoint presentations, proposals and client reports
· Proofread and approve all company documentation
· Manage all ongoing projects and day-to-day marketing activity
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN:
We offer the kind of working environment where you’ll be duly rewarded for the hours you put in. As an entry-level employee you won’t be expected to know all the answers from day one, but we will empower you with the training and guidance you need to succeed in the role and to climb the career ladder. However, you won’t be micro-managed; instead you’ll be given the freedom to make things happen and drive real results. No two days will be the same.
The team is just that – a team. We have a shared vision and we are all working together to make this vision a reality. With our flat structure, everyone is free to voice their thoughts and ideas and share best practice. As a close knit group, we lean on each other for support and guidance in meeting our goals.
However, we know that coming to work isn’t just about working, so there’s a healthy dose of fun and camaraderie among our team too. We consider the happiness and wellbeing of our employees to be paramount, so while you are expected to work hard, we also pride ourselves on the vibrant culture we’re building here. For example, we’ll have the occasional lunch and learn session where lunch is provided and we also have a social committee that organises get-togethers, group activities and company nights out.
We don’t see jobs as just jobs. Instead, we believe that this is a real opportunity for career progression. We are growing at an exponential rate and this is your chance to grow with us. As a business, we will always help you reach your maximum potential. With your future in your own hands, you are free to carve out your own path with no limit to the opportunities available to you.
We are instructed to only submit to our Client candidates whose qualifications and experience match client’s specification and must be able to work within the EU/UK.
For more information please contact Joel Newman
on 020 8905 2250 or email firstname.lastname@example.org