PRINCIPAL/ ASSOCIATE LEVEL TRANSPORT ENGINEER
PERMANENT - LONDON
Our Client, a multidisciplinary engineering consultancy with offices throughout the UK, is seeking a Principal/ Associate Level Transport Engineer to join their Transport Planning team in their London office.
Significant experience of writing Transport Assessments / Statements and Travel Plans is essential
Knowledge of both local authority and highway authority processes and procedures.
Strong written, numeracy and verbal communication skills
A client-focussed approach to work.
Competence in the use of TRICS, TEMPRO, Junctions8/9 (ARCADY/ PICADY) and preferably LinSig3.
Enthusiastic and industrious with a willingness to learn new skills
The Principal Associate Level Transport Engineerwill be involved with the assessment of the transportation needs relating to Clients’ development proposals, working towards solutions which are acceptable to all stakeholders. The Principal/ Associate Level Transport Engineer will work with a strong, growing and varied portfolio of Clients and the ability to articulate and communicate planning ideas, concepts and proposals is essential.
Working as part of a highly motivated team, assume a diverse range of challenging assignments, which will enhance and develop skills in:
· Providing planning-stage support for a variety of development schemes
· Preparation of technical assessment documents and reports for planning submissions
· Technical assessments of junction performance using a range of industry-standard traffic modelling software
· The drafting of Travel Plans and sustainability assessments
· General arrangement design work for new junctions and accesses onto the road network
· Attending project meetings and conducting on-site visits
· Attending Planning Appeals/Public Inquiries etc.
· Client liaison/business development
· Mentoring of junior staff
· Attending public consultation events.
This is an outstanding opportunity to progress your career with a successful and dynamic employer.
Salary: Competitive salary package with large company flexible benefits package. Please quote what would attract.
We are instructed to only submit to our Client candidates whose qualifications and experience match client’s specification.
For more information please contact Suzanne Wood, Director of Recruitment