PRINCIPAL GEOTECHNICAL CONSULTANT - PERMANENT – CARDIFF
Our Client, a multidisciplinary civil engineering consultancy who has offices throughout the UK, is seeking Principal Geotechnical Consultant to join their team based in the Cardiff office.
The suitable candidate will:
· Hold a BEng, BSc or higher technical qualification in a relevant subject (geology, civil engineering, environmental science etc.).
· Be a Chartered Engineer/Geologist.
· Have at least 10 years of relevant experience working in a land development related role.
· Have experience of development (commercial and/or residential), partnering with main contractors and advising specialist contractors would be beneficial.
· Have excellent written and verbal communication skills combined with good analysis and technical capability in MS Word.
· Have the required experience of MS Excel, AutoCAD and geotechnical assessment and modeling.
· Have a good working knowledge of appropriate British Standards, Eurocodes, Industry Guidance and NHBC Standards.
As a Principal Geotechnical Consultant you will be a senior member of the Geo team in Cardiff, responsible for providing a focal point for geotechnical advice, as part of the wider geotechnical group both nationally and in the south west.
An essential part of the role will be the design and management of geotechnical and/or geo-environmental investigations including (but not limited to) desk studies and ground investigations. You will be experienced in the review and approval of reports prepared by junior staff, covering ground Investigations combined with geotechnical designs, including slope stability, earthworks assessment and geotechnical design reports.
You will provide clients with geotechnical advice and assistance as required on an ad hoc basis, and negotiate and liaise with relevant regulatory authorities (NHBC, EA, LA etc.) as necessary. A pragmatic and commercial approach to delivering geotechnical solutions is an essential skill.
You will also be required to provide advice and mentoring to more junior staff within the team as well as advice and assistance to members of other teams within Hydrock. The multi-discipline office includes a growing structural engineering division and provision of advice and liaison with the team is a key aspect of the role.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
This permanent, full time position offers a competitive salary (depending on experience) plus an excellent flexible benefits package.
We are instructed to only submit to our Client candidates whose qualifications and experience match client’s specification and are eligible to work in the UK.
For more information please contact Sandra Tye
on 020 8905 2250 or email email@example.com