PRIVATE CLIENT ASSOCIATED SOLICITOR – HERTFORDSHIRE
PERMANENT / FULL TIME
Our client, a successful law firm, is seeking a Private Client Associated Solicitor to join their heir Hertfordshire office.
- A qualified and practicing Solicitor with 3-6 years PQE in Private Client
- Strong academic record
- A sound knowledge and practical experience of Private Client work is essential. We are looking for someone who is already a Private Client specialist.
- Experience of and a real interest in business development is essential
- Membership of Solicitors for the Elderly is desirable but not essential
- Membership of STEP is desirable but not essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills, in particular an ability to develop a relationship of trust with clients and colleagues alike
- Ability to draft letters and documents to a high standard and with attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong verbal communicator
- Ability to demonstrate empathy and understanding of clients’ needs
- Ability to use initiative to seek opportunities to raise the firm’s profile and to recognise new business opportunities
- Ability to deal with a large volume of work, managing conflicting priorities whilst ensuring that every job is handled with the highest levels of accuracy and care
- An effective team player, combined with an ability to work under own initiative
- Well-developed IT skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- A team player who is looking for a long term future with a progressive, well regarded firm
- An understanding of the benefits system and the ability to advise clients about their entitlements, and how entitlements might need to be protected.
- Ability to deal with the administration of estates throughout the administration process.
- A good understanding of how to work with and protect the position of older and vulnerable clients.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBLES:
- Is to take on an existing caseload and to be actively involved in business development. The person appointed will work alongside the Private Client Partner and team. The appointment will be at assistant level and there are good career prospects for the right person.
- The successful applicant to join the team as soon as possible to assist in the handover of clients and to start developing new business opportunities.
- The role will involve the ability to handle a broad range of Private Client work, specifically with knowledge and experience in matters relating to older and vulnerable clients;
- Lasting Powers of Attorney and Court of Protection work, including Deputyship applications and other Court Orders.
- Wider advice in connection with elderly and vulnerable clients, particularly in connection with the management of their financial affairs.
- Preparation of Wills and Trusts for all types of clients.
- The successful applicant will report to the Head of the Older and Vulnerable Client Department.
- In addition to the caseload the successful candidate will be expected to be actively involved in all aspects of business development including presenting of seminars, writing articles and blogs and networking within the local business community and with key referrers.
We are instructed to only submit to our Client candidates whose qualifications and experience match client’s specification and must be able to work within the EU/UK.
For more information please contact Suzanne Wood, Director of Recruitment
on 020 8905 2250 or email firstname.lastname@example.org