Our client, a large, medium-sized client-focused firm of Chartered Accountants in Essex, seeks a Semi-Senior Accountant for their South Essex office.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Part-qualified Chartered or Certified Accountant (AAT, ACCA or ACA)
· Someone who is UK trained to UK GAPP accounting standards
· Someone who has a car as role will involve visiting clients
· Up-to-date and appropriate knowledge and skills in your technical field to enable you to fulfil the purpose of this role.
· Computer skills.
· Verbal and written communication skills.
· Interpersonal and relationship building skills.
· Time management and organisational skills.
· Problem-solving ability.
· Networking and marketing skills.
· To carry out 70% audit work and 30% accounts work
· To join a friendly, busy team
· To work in Audit & Accounts Team of 30
· Visiting client’s offices and possibly also to other Essex offices sometimes
· The role is to work in the Audit and Accounts team, undertaking tasks that have been allocated to you
· Work as an effective team member to complete assignments on time and on budget.
· Assist in the planning and completion of assignments.
· Delegate work to and supervise junior team members.
· Support and develop junior team members when required.
· Draft letters for the assignment manager on all manner of client matters.
· Knowledge of clients’ businesses.
· Communicate with clients while on site during an assignment.
· Communicate with clients on the telephone as required by the assignment, or when taking messages for other team members.
· Develop and strengthen relationships at all levels.
· Communicate with your fellow team members and possible third parties (such as solicitors and banks).
· Complete timely assignment appraisal forms for assignments undertaken.
· Range: £22k - £35k p.a. depending on experience, etc.
· Ongoing training via CAT Planning (Certified Accounting Technician) - study package.
· 20 days holidays + 3 days at Christmas + statutory bank holidays
· Benefits package including pension, health package possible, etc.
We are instructed to only submit to our Client candidates whose qualifications and experience match client’s specification and must be able to work within the EU/UK.
For more information please contact Melanie Wood, Director of Recruitment
on 020 8905 2250 or email email@example.com