PERMANENT – LONDON
Our client, a long-established, medium-sized firm of Chartered Accountants with highly experienced partners, is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their practice in one of their London offices.
Qualifications and Experience Required
· Must have solid book-keeping/double entry skills
· Have a good grasp of current accounting standards.
· Candidates from small practices (with at least 2 partners) will be considered provided they supply all the accounting experience on the CV.
· Minimum of 5 years’ UK public practice experience; 7 years’ if qualified by experience.
· Able to demonstrate wide experience and competency in full accounts production from basic prime books and records through to computerised accounting packages.
· Ability to work on multiple accounts simultaneously.
· Fully conversant with Sage and Quickbooks software.
· Working knowledge of Viztopia.
· Experience in working at client premises.
· Willing to travel to Clients
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Good English, both written and verbal.
· Good time management with ability to meet tight deadlines.
· Flexible attitude, with ability to prioritise workloads.
· ACCA qualification or qualified by experience.
· Previous experience of property client portfolio management, desirable.
· Pro-Audit and Excel software knowledge.
· Combined office-based and client facing role, working within the department in small teams of between two to three people, under supervision.
· Working on a diverse portfolio of clients including small and medium sized privately owned limited companies, LLP’s, partnerships and sole traders.
· Carry out book-keeping duties for various clients both on site and in the office.
· Responsible for the preparation of VAT returns and management accounts for a wide variety clients, within specified budget timescale.
· Ad hoc specialist assignments as and when they arise.
· Production of draft and management accounts with minimal outstanding queries, for review in a timely and methodical manner.
· Manage general office-based day to day duties, as required.
· There will be extensive liaison with clients, line managers, other department team members and partners.
Salary: Competitive dependent upon experience
o Childcare vouchers paid via salary sacrifice
o Cycle to work scheme
o Death in service life assurance
o Pension scheme
o Holiday:25 days plus bank holidays per year Jan - December.
We are instructed to only submit to our Client candidates whose qualifications and experience match client’s specification and must be able to work within the EU/UK.
For more information please contact Suzanne Wood, Director - Recruitment
on 020 8905 2250 or email email@example.com