STEEL CAD TECHNICIAN / SURVEYOR – PERMANENT – KENT
Our Client, an established steel fabrication company who survey, design, fabrication and install various steelwork structures is seeking a Steel CAD Technician/Surveyor to join their team based at their offices in Kent but will be required to go to sites in London and the South East as and when required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Surveying / drafting / design background and suitably qualified.
· Surveying 2 years.
· Proficient AutoCAD skills.
· Ability to use secondary software packages such as Google sketchup.
· Ability to produce clear and informative production drawings, and technical information.
· Excellent time management skills.
· Experience surveying complicated site conditions and the ability to design new structures to accommodate proposed design solutions.
· Focused and diligent.
· Work systematically to ensure completion of tasks to meet deadlines and clients expectations.
· Current driving licence and suitable vehicle.
· Communicate and represent company well.
· CAD experience working on staircases ideal but not essential.
· It is essential applicants have CAD experience in structural steel and/or architectural steel.
· Knowledge of staircase regulations and construction.
· Revit and ArchiCAD.
· Experience dealing with structural plans and calculations.
· 3D Studio Max or equivalent package and photo realistic rendering experience.
Our Client requires an experienced CAD Technician / surveyor to join their technical team working on exciting and challenging projects. The key purpose of this role is to survey and produce drawings as required.
Other duties include -
· Producing 2D/3D CAD drawings/packages of primarily steelwork for client approval and installation
· Produce accurate and timely shop drawings for fabrication
· Survey and report on site conditions
· Liaises with clients, developers and site crews
· Operate with engineers and building control when required
SALARY: £40,000 to £47,000 depending on experience.
BENEFITS:Package Negotiable depending on experience.
We are instructed to only submit to our Client candidates whose qualifications and experience match client’s specification and must be able to work within the EU/UK.
For more information please contact Suzanne Wood, Director of Recruitment.